WHO’S OFFERING FREE HOUSING?
We are a group of Christians who believe God wants us to welcome strangers and serve those in need.
All our services are offered free in the name of Jesus Christ.
For our guests, we provide:
- Safety and dignity
- Free temporary housing
- 3 Free meals a day
- Free showers
- Free personal care items
- Free warm beds
- Free laundry services
Jesus’ love- FREE to us, but it cost Him a lot!
WHO CAN STAY?
Single men, single women, married couples, families with children, and New Life Disciples. (See the New Life Program page)
HOW LONG CAN I STAY?
All of our guests have an initial three week time limit. You may stay longer if you need to and you’re cooperative.
HOW DO I GET THERE?
We are located at 701 S. Lincoln Ave, York, NE 68467.
WHAT’S THE CATCH?
We do expect that all guests follow our guidelines and respect each other.
- Please try to check in by 5:30 p.m.
- We don’t have much storage space so please limit your luggage.
- All guests are required to make their bed every morning and clean up their living area.
- All guests must shower daily. Clean clothing and laundry facilities are available
- All guests are required to attend a non-denominational chapel service every evening at 7:30 p.m.
- All guests are expected to help with the work around the Mission.
- Our guests must remain on property after they sign-in by 5:30 p.m., and may not leave the grounds except with the permission of Staff.
- Breakfast – 7:00a.m. Lunch – 12:00 noon
- Guests are to avoid conversations and other contact with persons of the opposite sex, on our property and in our neighborhood, except with the permission of a staff member
- Supper – 6:00p.m.
The following may be cause for being barred from the Mission:
- Intoxication, especially if it leads to unacceptable behavior.
- Possession or use of alcohol, drugs, pornography or weapons vandalism of property, either the Mission’s or our guests.
- Abusive, violent or disrespectful behavior towards staff, guests or visitors.
- Repeated conversations and/or contact with members of the opposite sex(married couples excepted).
- Failure to cooperate with these guidelines.