Columbus & Living Water Rescue Mission
Columbus: (402) 563-1096 York: (402) 362-0127
COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
Maintaining Rescue Ministry for Columbus, York and surrounding Communities
The Columbus and Living Water Rescue is committed to those in need in our communities. During this time of heightened concern over the Covid-19 Coronavirus we remain steadfast as we trust God’s sovereignty and goodness and trust that by His mercy and grace He will see us through this difficult time. In keeping with the mandates of our Governor and the recommendations of the CDC, we will take the following precautions to assure that our donors, guests and staff at the Mission are safe and cared for.
- FIRST AND FOREMOST: 2nd Timothy 1:7 tells us that; “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” We will be vigilant but we WILL continue to serve the “hurting and the homeless in the name of Jesus Christ.”
- FOOD SERVICE: There will not be any disruption of food services at this time. We will continue to serve three meals a day to those in need.
- CLOTHING DISTRIBUTION: If anyone needs specific clothing items, they can call the Mission and we will make those items available for their selection. We will NOT have open door distribution during virus transmission concerns. Please call if you have a need and we will gladly serve your needs if we can. We do not charge for any of our services including clothing.
- CLASSES AND CHAPELS: Discipleship classes and Chapel services will continue at this time. If there is a local outbreak we will reassess at that time. Teachers and Chapel leaders are encouraged to make decisions about their participation according to their personal health concerns.
- PUBLIC EVENTS: Our public events scheduled in the near future; graduation ceremonies and Ladies Brunches will be postponed until we can safely congregate. The Mission is dependant up donations received during events like the Ladies Brunch. If you planned to attend the Ladies Brunch and have set aside a donation for that day, please consider sending it to one of the following addresses:
Living Water Rescue Mission
PO Box 328 York, NE. 68467
Columbus Rescue Mission
PO Box 1604 Columbus, NE. 68602
- DROPPING OFF DONATIONS: We depend on the generous “Gifts in Kind” from our communities. If you are concerned about coming into the Mission with your gifts, please call from your vehicle when you arrive and we will be glad to come out to you.
- QUARANTINED GUESTS: We do NOT have any guest in quarantine at this time. We do however have a plan in place to provide for that potentiality. We will work closely with local hospitals and other health providers to deal with anyone that has been exposed or is showing any concerning symptoms of the virus.
- Jail Ministries: Jails and prisons are not allowing access to the inmates at this time. We will continue to pray for the inmates and corrections officers and look forward to returning as soon as they feel it is safe to resume services.
- OTHER PRECAUTIONS: We are using recommended protocols. Cleaning commonly used surfaces in the Mission and as availability allows, providing gloves, masks, hand sanitizers, etc…
Please remain in prayer for our nation, the state of Nebraska, our communities, and for the Columbus & Living Water Rescue Mission as we seek to serve the “hurting and the homeless in the name of Jesus Christ.”
Living Water Rescue Mission
We Welcome You to the Living Water Rescue Mission
“Helping the Hurting and the Homeless in the Name of Jesus Christ”
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 701 S. Lincoln Avenue / York, Nebraska 68467
Please Check Out Our Disciple Testimonies
Go to “People at His Mission” and click on Testimonies